Home-grown beets are delicious root vegetables, and the leaves are considered by some to be the best of all greens! Roasting and pickling are traditional ways to prepare beets, but we’re marching to a different “beet” with these oven-baked beet chips! So quick and easy to make, you’ll even get the kiddos to enjoy them.
2–3 whole beets (or however many you wish to make)
A couple tablespoons of olive oil
salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Peel beets, but remember, red beets stain! We use gloves or paper towels to protect our hands. (Or you could use Golden Boy beets that don’t stain!
- Slice into thin rounds. A mandoline will make this much easier (see photo).
- Spread out on paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with salt to draw out excess moisture. After about 15 minutes, blot dry with clean paper towels.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil. Place beet rounds on baking sheet and add a pinch more of salt or any other herb or seasoning you’d like.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until crisp.