It’s so helpful to keep a record of your garden’s life so that next year you can remember the little tricks that worked so well, and avoid some that didn’t. Garden journaling can be as simple as writing about your garden daydreams and taking pictures, or as thorough as recording measurements and keeping notes about growth.
Decorating your garden journal can be a fun, family activity that will beautify and personalize it. We’re decorating ours with seed packets, and you can too by following these steps:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Garden Journal (Paper cover works best)
- Seed packets
- Glue stick or rubber cement
- Mod Podge
- Small paint brush
- Cut the front off of the seed packet.
- Attach each packet front to journal cover with adhesive.
- Continue attaching packets to cover, overlapping slightly and wrapping the edges of the packets around the cover.
- Using a paint brush, apply a liberal coat of Mod Podge to the entire surface of the journal. You can add multiple coats for additional shine if desired. Wait 15 minutes between coats.
- Allow to dry thoroughly and keep out of direct sunlight.
Get tips for garden journaling and free printables on our website at: https://www.botanicalinterests.com/articles/index/category:secrets-to-success
We’d love to see how creative you get! Hashtag your creations with #botanicalinterests.