These quesadillas are both sweet and savory thanks to our ‘Sweet Meat’ winter squash. Super quick and easy to make, you can even prepare the filling ahead and keep in the refrigerator for a healthful dinner in minutes!
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
3 bunching onions (green), chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
½ cup canned black beans, rinsed
1 cup roasted winter squash (Sweet Meat or Waltham Butternut)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces goat cheese
6 whole wheat flour tortillas
- Sauté spinach, onions, and garlic in olive oil for about 3 minutes, just until leaves are wilted.
- Add black beans and roasted squash. Cook until heated through, adding salt and pepper to taste. Cook 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread goat cheese on two tortillas.
- When filling is heated, add to one tortilla, then stack the other on top.
- Brown in pan with another teaspoon of cooking oil.
- Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- Serve warm with cilantro, sour cream, and salsa on the side.