With purple being the new color of health foods, we're celebrating! These meatless eggplant "meatballs" are savory, a little smoky, and light. Try them over pasta with a little Parmesan cheese, or in a pita pocket with Greek tzatziki sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggplants, skin on, cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil over medium heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add eggplant and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse and mixed. Do not purée.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and make eggplant mixture into balls.
- Place on sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then roll over and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Place under broiler until crispy, another 5 to 10 minutes.