There's been a lot of talk about tomatoes around the office this week, and it reminded Judy and Curtis of these puffed, roasted tomatoes that Curtis' mom used to make. We think they're downright delicious and unique, so we're sharing our family recipe with you. Enjoy!
- 3 or 4 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced thick
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pat tomatoes dry with a paper towel.
- Mix remaining ingredients together except the cheese. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mixture on each tomato slice, and then top with cheddar cheese.
- Broil in the oven for 4–6 minutes or until lightly browned.
Share your family recipes with us below or on social media using #botanicalinterests. We'd love to hear from you!