Add spice, tang, and texture to foods with pickled carrots. A delicious, unexpected complement to tacos, steak, or grilled chicken! Impress your guests, who will be asking for the recipe!
Makes one quart or 2 pint jars of pickled carrots, but scale up for more, because they will go fast!
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 6 large carrots, cut into 1/4" rings
- ½ white onions, diced
- 2 fresh jalapeños, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 10-15 peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- Bring water and vinegar to a boil. In the meantime, cut and prepare all vegetables.
- Once mixture is boiling, add remaining ingredients and simmer 15 minutes.
- Let mixture cool completely.
- Pour into washed and dried jar and refrigerate for 3 days before using for best flavor.