While our first love will always be traditional pasta, we can't stop thinking about veggie noodles! It's just what it sounds like–noodles made from thinly-sliced vegetables as a pasta substitute! In this recipe we used a spiralizer, a tool that easily cuts vegetables into long, thin ribbons, but you could also use the thin-strip setting on your mandoline.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2/3 cup diced yellow onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups spiralized butternut squash
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan on medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook until browned. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add kale and cook until slightly wilted.
- Meanwhile, peel butternut squash and spiralize.
- In a second saucepan on medium to high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and sauté the butternut squash noodles. Cook until al dente.
- Gently fold all ingredients together.