Sugar scrubs can be expensive and filled with unwanted additives. Making your own will ensure that it is made of natural ingredients and you'll get a lot more for your money. Especially if you grow the lavender and rosemary from seed!
Both lavender and rosemary have wonderful aromatic and cleansing properties. Dried leaves and flowers can be added to sugar and coconut oil to produce a cost-effective skin exfoliator and cleanser.
You can find all of these items either in your garden or at your local grocery store.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- ¼ teaspoon lavender essential oil (optional)
- Small Mason jar or other storage container
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Fill jar or other container.
- Use on face, hands, body, and feet. Be careful when applying it in the shower, as the coconut oil can be slippery.
- You can substitute other flowers and herbs such as calendula, chamomile, sage, or lemon balm.
Give as a pampering gift or keep it for yourself! Inspire us—hashtag your botanical creations with #botanicalinterests.