When summer arrives, one of our favorite activities is visiting the Mile High Flea Market in Denver, Colorado. But this is no ordinary flea market; besides garage sale stuff, antiques and fresh produce, it also has great food stands! We never miss their "famous" (at least to us) street corn--steaming, grilled corn on the cob covered with butter, mayonnaise (trust us, it's delicious), cheese and chili powder.
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup queso fresco (cheese)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Remove husks from corn. Brush corn with butter and grill for 5–7 minutes, turning occasionally for even grill marks.
- While corn is hot, brush with mayonnaise, sprinkle with cheese and chili powder, and top with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
So easy and delicious!