When summer arrives, one of our favorite activities is visiting the Mile High Flea Market in Denver, Colorado. But this is no ordinary flea market; besides garage sale stuff, antiques and fresh produce, it also has great food stands! We never miss their "famous" (at least to us) street corn—steaming, grilled corn on the cob covered with butter, mayonnaise (trust us, it's delicious), cheese and chili powder.
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup queso fresco (cheese)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- Remove husks from corn. Brush corn with butter and grill for 5–7 minutes, turning occasionally for even grill marks.
- While corn is hot, brush with mayonnaise, sprinkle with cheese and chili powder, and top with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
So easy and delicious!