One of the best vegetables fresh from the garden is green beans. They are also surprisingly versatile in the kitchen. This recipe delivers on crunch and keeps the beans crisp, too!
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1-2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola or olive oil (may use more depending on number of batches)
- Pour flour into a plate, 2 eggs in another plate or bowl (lightly scramble), and breadcrumbs in another plate or bowl.
- Toss beans in flour, shake off excess.
- Dip into egg mixture to fully coat beans.
- Toss beans into breadcrumbs, completely covering.
- Over medium heat, cover bottom of frying pan with oil.
- Add breaded green beans and fry until lightly browned. Turn over after 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Salt to taste.
- Repeat step 6, wiping pan and using new oil for every batch.