Here in Colorado, we're thinking about starting our gardens, specifically peppers. This recipe is a sweet and spicy addition to toast, cream cheese and crackers, or even mixed with your favorite vegetable (delicious on green beans!). Our version is mildly spicy, but if you like it hot, increase the number of habanero peppers.
- 3 sweet bell peppers
- 2 habanero peppers
- 6 cups of sugar
- 1.5 cups of distilled white vinegar
- 3 oz pouch of liquid pectin
- Purée peppers in a food processor.
- Add all ingredients to a large pot, stir to dissolve sugar, and bring to a boil. Contents can boil over quickly, so watch carefully.
- Boil for 4 minutes while constantly stirring. Let rest 5 minutes, pour into jars, and let cool on the counter or in the fridge overnight.