Refreshing and relaxing, a mojito is the perfect way to unwind from a long day in the yard. The best part? Mint from your own garden. Enjoy this simple and classic cocktail by following the recipe below!
- Cocktail shaker
- Hawthorne or julep strainer (optional additional mesh strainer)
- Bar jigger
- Collins glass, pint, or mason jar
- 1 ½ oz of white rum
- 2 fresh sprigs of mint
- ½ oz of simple syrup
- ¾ oz of fresh lime juice
- Lime wheel (for garnishing)
- Club soda
- In cocktail shaker, add rum, simple syrup and lime.
- Taking the one sprig of mint leaves in hand, "smack" them between your palms and toss into the shaker. Add ice.
- Shake the ingredients together vigorously, until the shaker ices over.
- Strain over ice into a tall glass (option to double strain with a mesh strainer if you do not want bits of mint in your cocktail). Top with soda.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and the second sprig of mint. Enjoy!