You won't believe all the healthy veggies packed into such a tasty treat! Unbelievably moist and oh-so chocolatey, these brownies are naturally gluten-free and packed with zucchini and protein-rich quinoa.
- 1 ½ cups cooked Brightest Brilliant Rainbow Quinoa
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dairy or non-dairy milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and line an 8 x 8 pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Add cooked quinoa to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, milk, and eggs.
- Mix the blended quinoa into the wet ingredients.
- Sift the cocoa powder and baking powder into the wet ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Squeeze the grated zucchini to get rid of the excess liquid, then add to batter, stirring to combine.
- Pour into the lined pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, cut into squares, and enjoy! We loved these brownies chilled in the refrigerator!