We all want to celebrate the season, but celebrate with a smile and really mean it! You know when you really mean it; when you genuinely give from your heart and share yourself with someone you care about. When you have handmade a gift to share, the recipient knows they matter to you. After all, what is more valuable to us all than our time? Best of all, this is a very quick, simple and affordable gift to make!
The following is a clever way to give your home-grown herbs to friends in this holiday season. Yours will be the gift that keeps on giving! It will not only look charming in presentation and decoration but the smells will be wonderful!
- Handful of fresh herbs. We recommend rosemary, thyme, marjoram or oregano.
- Clear glass or plastic ornament balls from any local craft store with hanging cap intact.
- 3″ circle of favorite fabric (optional).
- Ornament hangers
- 12″ long ribbon or raffia for bow
- Scissors for cutting and chopstick for coaxing the herbs into the ball.
- Take your favorite herb that's fresh, bright, and clean.
- A day or two before giving away, cut the herbs into 5″ or smaller pieces.
- Insert the herb into the glass ball in a pleasing way. Use a chopstick to gently nudge it into the ball. Less is more with these herbs. You want some of the glass to show through the ball to accentuate your herb, the star of the show!
- Once you like the arrangement, place the metal hanging cap back on top of the ball.
- To add your fabric embellishment simply remove the hanging ring from the metal ornament cap and place fabric over top. Insert the ring through the fabric and into the cap ring holes. This will ensure that the fabric stays in place.
- Tie a bow around the metal cap or fabric covering.
- Thread the ribbon/raffia through the hanging ring. Attach a ornament hook to hang your gift.
Taadaa!!!!! You have got yourself a wonderful, simple, and personal holiday gift!