Jumbo pasta shells lend themselves to an endless amount of stuffing possibilities. We love using pumpkin (or any winter squash) with cheese to make these a truly decadent addition to your holiday table feast or Sunday dinners.
- 1 cup pumpkin purée*
- 10 oz. goat cheese (or substitute with cream cheese)
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 12 oz. box of jumbo pasta shells
- Prepare pasta shells according to package directions. Wait until cool enough to handle.
- Mix pumpkin purée, goat cheese, garlic, and salt in a large bowl (you may want to warm the goat cheese in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it for easier mixing).
- Stuff each shell with about a tablespoon or two of filling. Place in greased baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until hot.
- Optional, but delicious: Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese, toasted pine nuts or walnuts, and chopped basil.
* To make your own pumpkin purée: Cut a sugar pumpkin in half, remove seeds, cover with foil, and bake in a 325°F oven for 1 hour or until tender. Once cooled, scrape out pumpkin and purée in a blender.